Friday, September 4, 2009

Rearview Mirror

How nice it is to be able to always be looking forward, always be anticipating the next great challenge, always be happy with where one is and where one is going.

How many of us actually get to do that? How many of us can't stop looking in the rearview mirror as we continue down our individual roads? It is a tough way to drive. I am not suggesting anyone ever try this in real life, but it would be awfully hard to drive down the road looking in the rearview mirror the whole time and actually get where we are going, or even get anywhere without causing a major wreck.

Ok, so I guess I just figured out why it is I am where I am on my particular journey, and not where I thought I would be. All I can do now is keep trying to spend more time looking out the windshield and less time in the rearview mirror.

Thank you again for getting this far with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment