Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Too Late

So I am going to throw this question out into cyberspace, without expecting an answer, but rather some thought about a topic that is ever present in my life and in my mind. Is it ever too late in life to change what you are doing, to do something different, radically different, to find your passion, to explore new opportunities?

I hope not, and I think not, but am not yet convinced.

My youth was spent doing what I was supposed to do, what was expected, from sports, to working, to family obligations, and never considered anything else, never even thought to think it, if that can be said. It is not that I was unhappy with being an athlete, and I am not sure that I would have been any happier studying something else when I was in school, actually I am certain it would not have mattered, I studied what was logical for me to study based on the path that was set, and I didn’t even study that much, to be honest, until a broken bone in my foot helped me decide it was time to graduate.

I have always loved music, but that slowly went away, at least from the active participation perspective. I have always loved the theatre, especially musical theatre, film, writing, painting, cooking, and yet most of my life I have done little or nothing with any of this. I have continued to try and find the responsible path, and along the way I have accomplished some things that most people do not get the chance to, but now I am really beginning to realize that I want to be actively involved in all of these things that I love, and yet I am not certain that it isn’t too late.

At this point all I can do is keep all these ideas in my head, trying every day to move them forward and maybe I can in fact prove that it is never too late. If it is, I don’t want to know…so if you know keep it to yourself please.

Thank you again for getting this far with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment