Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It Is Ok to Do What You Want to Do Until It Is Time to Do What You Are Meant To Do

This is a quote from yet another movie, and one that I like very much. The only problem is, at least for me, what it is you are meant to do. What is the one thing that will get you jumping out of bed in the morning to go do, or be willing to work until the wee hours of the morning. What is that one thing that no matter how many hours a day it takes to get the job done time flies by, the one thing that does not feel like work? What is that thing that you could do day in and day out, year after year, and it would truly make you happy?

As I said I like this quote, I believe in the true meaning behind it, and ironically, the character that receives this message does not see it as the prophetic statement it in fact is about his life. The movie, by the way, is The Rookie, and it is Dennis Quaid's character that hears this from his father. A movie worth seeing and a thought worth pondering.

Thank you again for getting this far with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment