Monday, January 2, 2012

Mind, Body, Heart, Soul

Five foot two, one hundred and twenty five pounds.  Middle linebacker!!  Has to have been the smallest middle linebacker in the history of mankind as a freshman in high school.

Before that it was climb anything I could find, ski things I had no right to ski.  Later it was football, lacrosse, boxing.  Too small, too slow.  Next up it was 200 miles on two wheels in one day.  No idea what I was doing, but it had to be done.

I have always been afraid, but never of a challenge, never of putting my body on the line.  If my life depended on it, or more importantly my sisters' lives, my family, my friends, I would do anything, to this day.  I would buckle up the helmet tomorrow and run someone over, it would probably kill me, or at least leave my body in a  heap, but I would do it.

I am afraid of everything now.  I am afraid of just surviving, being free, not ever doing anything that matters before I die.  I am afraid of dying, for the very first time in my life, before now it was not a possibility.

I need to try and find the guy that not that long ago broke out the "Snow Clown" for thousands of yards at a time, easily, gracefully, powerfully, just to make people smile, and because I could.  I need to find the ability again to throw my body at whatever I want at 100 miles per hour.

This can't really be me!!  I have to be inside this body somewhere!!

Thank you again for getting this far with me.